Friday, December 13, 2013

My Advent Calendar 2012-December 13

December 13
This ornament was given to us from our good friends, Warren and Judy Smith. This ornament is special because it reminds me of my family's summer trip in 1977, when we visited Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada. 

Here is a description of our visit from mom's journal.....

"Headed out west on the lighthouse trail to Peggy's Cove (about 27 miles). Lovely setting - very rocky with houses plopped here & there. Church & pier & boats & lobster traps. darling. Had dinner at SouWester, the only restaurant. Don & I had lobster (fresh cooked) for $9.95. Patti had shrimp & Sandy had fish n chips, which she has been wanting all along. For dessert we shared blueberry cake & ice cream & gingerbread & ice cream (both cakes warm). Then "home" another way. All the little inlets, rocky shores, tiny wild flowers, green grass - wish I could impress them in y mind".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: