Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wedding Wednesday - Sarah Smith and Henry Harrison Payton December 12, 1867


This is to Certify that Henry H. Payton of Onarga, Illinois and Sarah Smith of Onarga, Illinois were by me united in  HOLY MATRIMONY on the 12 day of Dec in the year our our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and 67.  In the presence of.........

STATE OF ILLINOIS
Irquois county 

I B F Price Clerk of the County of said County, hereby certify that Mr. Henry H. Payton was married to Sarah Smith in said County on the 12th day of December A.D. 1867 by Alexander G Wilson a Minister of the Gospel duly authorized to solemnize marriages by the Statute of the State of Illinois, as appears by his return and certificate of Marriage attached to the license granted therefor by the Clerk of this Court, and now on file in my office and record in Marriage Registration Book 1. Page 1. 

In witness of whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name and attached the seal of said  County Court, at my office in Watseka, ILL. this 24th day of October A.D. 1900. B F Price.

As you can see this was with Henry Payton's Civil War pension file.

Henry Harrison Payton and Sarah Smith were my great great grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: