Sunday, March 2, 2014

Census Sunday - 1850 US Federal Census - Joseph Smith - Pine Twp. Warren County, Indiana


Schedule I. Free Inhabitants in Pine Township in the County of Warren State of Indiana enumerated by me, on the 11th day of Sept 1850. (cant't read name) Ass't Marshal.

line 23 Joseph 33 M Blacksmith $300 OH
line 24 Mary 32 F                                 "
line 25 Martha 12 F                              "
line 26 Darcus 10 M                             "
line 27 Hannah 6 F                              IN

Joseph Smith is my 3x great grandfather. He was married to Mary Ann Best they had 3 daughters. Darcus was actually Dorcas Ann and she was a female and born in Indiana. My 2x great grandfather, Francis Marion Smith, was born in 1853.

Through DNA, I finally broke through a brick wall that has plagued my Smith line for years. It appears that I have found parents and siblings and as I said other children of Joseph and Mary Ann.  So stay tuned for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: