Monday, September 30, 2013

The Book of Me, Written By You-Prompt 4: Favorite Season(s)

Why?

A favorite memory

Close your eyes and imagine your favorite season - write down what you see, feel, hear



My favorite season is Autumn. Living here in the San Francisco Bay Area, that is when summer comes to visit. The cold, damp fog goes away, the air warms up but not too hot, and wind is not as fierce and the evenings are cool.  Our fall colors are beautiful, not like you get back east, but they do last longer. Here is a sample. The trees are just starting to get they fall colors.




These are the Liquid Amber trees that line our streets and are the first to really show their colors.

Autumn is also the time to bring out the soup recipes.  I love a good hearty soup for those cooler evenings.






Halloween was a fun time. Dressing up in costumes and trick or treating in the neighborhood. When I was old to trick or treat, I loved handy out candy to the kids that came to the house. I also loved to take a "Halloween walk" with my dad. We walk  among the trick or treaters and see the decorated houses. When we first moved to Novato, I can remember there being a haunted house in "the old white house" that my church owned. There was also a Halloween parade that usually happened on the Saturday before Halloween. One year my Brownie troop entered a very large witch float. We happened to win first prize.

I don't do much for Halloween now, but Autumn will always be my favorite season. With Pumpkin Spice lattes, Soups, beautiful colors. leaves falling to the ground so I can "kick" my feet through them. Also, Autumn is much better when my Orange and Black San Francisco Giants are in the post season. Alas, better luck next year!



1 comment:

Post a comment: