Sunday, April 6, 2014

Census Sunday - 1850 US Federal Census-Pine Twp., Warren Co., Indiana-Jacob Best

1850 US Federal Census 

Schedule I. - Free Inhabitants in Pine Township in the county of Warren state of Indiana enumerated by me, on the 9th day of Sept 1850. Vincent Birgie.

















Line 1 126 128 Jacob Best 38 M Farmer  $500 VA
Line 2                 Darcus  "    52 F                           PA
Line 3                 Justin Smith  16 M Farmer         IN
Line 4                 John A Lewis 9 M                        IN

Also on this census is my Zimri Hobson family. Zimri is the father of Mary A Hobson who married Francis Marion Smith.

In my previous post (Wedding Wednesday) I showed that Jacob Best married Dorcas Smith in 1839. Here they are in Pine Twp., Warren Co., Indiana in 1850. Also in the residence is a Justin Smith, who I believe is the brother of my 3x great grandfather, Joseph Smith. I know that he had a brother Justus (Justice) Smith. In 1873 a Justus Smith was the guardian of Joseph Smith's son Francis Marion Smith prior to his marriage to Mary A  Hobson.

 Here is the Guardianship papers where I got the Justus Smith.
I believe the Justin Smith on the above 1850 census is the brother of Joseph Smith and that Dorcas (Darcus) is the mother is his mother. 

Slowly I am finding pieces my Smith puzzle, and it all started when I had a DNA match with another Smith reseacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: